General Manager Job Posting
Job Posting — General Manager of Pi Theatre
We are looking for a General Manager with an enthusiasm for theatre and the arts, someone who understands the demands of working in a small indie company and who shares a passion for our mission: To produce bold and uncompromising plays that explore modern life while engaging audiences with theatre that’s intellectually alive and emotionally charged.
The General Manager will report to the Board of Directors. The duties will include but are not limited to:
Finance and Administration
- Jointly with the Artistic Director (AD), responsible and accountable for the development of annual budgets.
- Accountable for all production-related expenditures to ensure adherence to budgets.
- Address financial problems, concerns and shortfalls.
- Manage human resources functions with respect to administrative and box office personnel including full-time, part-time and volunteer staff; responsible for the training and development of appropriate personnel in arts administration functions.
- Negotiate agreements and contracts on behalf of Pi Theatre, including for: actors, stage managers, production personnel, artistic personnel, program personnel; insurance coverage; Canadian Actors Equity Association.
- Liaise with Accountant of Record to ensure all bookkeeping functions are accurate and timely.
- Supervise day-to-day activities of the office administration including accounting procedures, accounts payable, payroll and banking activities.
- Provide cash flow projections and budgetary forecasts.
Fundraising and Development
- With the AD and board, foster the Theatre’s fundraising.
- Jointly with the AD, prepare grant applications for all funding bodies, with specific responsibility and accountability for the articulation of budgets, action plans and needs justification.
- Establish and support the appropriate administrative systems to support the strategies and programs including managing database and history for donors, members, and sponsors.
Marketing / Publicity / Public Relations
- With the AD, promote the image of the Theatre within the general public and theatre community.
- Represent the Theatre with PACT, government, service organizations and other outside groups.
- Engage with the community.
- Contribute to and support the development of the Theatre's identity and brand.
- With the AD, implement media strategies to promote the Theatre.
- Create and implement programs to measure and foster audience development.
- Responsible for attending Board meetings (providing a monthly report to the Board) and, where appropriate, meetings of Board committees.
- Responsible for implementing Board policies.
- Contribute to the creation, execution and evaluation of long-term artistic goals and objectives.
- Contribute to the development and presentation of an evaluation report of each artistic season.
The candidate should:
- Be a highly skilled manager with a minimum of three years of experience in arts administration.
- Be very organized.
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Be proficient with standard computer software (Word, Excel, etc.) and be comfortable learning new CMS, database and other software applications.
- Have strong document management skills.
- Be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Have proven leadership capability. Have a successful track record with grant writing and fundraising.
- Have a successful track record in fiscal management.
- Have the ability to translate artistic needs and values into institutional strategies and specific operating plans.
- Have experience in working with and engaging a Board of Directors. Have a sense of humour.
Experience with CADAC, PACT and various funding bodies will be considered an asset.
The position pays $35,000 year. It includes a benefit plan. The working conditions and holiday time are negotiable.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resumé attached as a PDF or Word document, with the subject line "General Manager Position" by 5pm on Friday, August 10, 2018 by email only to the attention of:
Pi Hiring Committee
Pi Email: email@example.com
All applications will be treated confidentially. Please no telephone or walk-in inquiries. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted. The posting will remain open until filled.
Thank you in advance for your interest.
Sorry, there are no posts at this time.
Subscribe to our newsletter and get the latest news, updates and exclusive offers. You can unsubscribe at anytime.