Pi’s Artistic Director, Richard Wolfe, answers 20 Questions!
Have you always wondered what goes on inside the mind of Richard Wolfe? Well whether you have or haven’t, the results of a round of 20 Questions with him are quite entertaining! (It may be interesting to note that Richard is a Libra, a notoriously indecisive breed).
1. Why do you like working for Pi?
It’s an exciting company with breadth and depth
2. When was the moment you decided you wanted to work in theatre?
We had to adapt a scene from Huckleberry Finn in grade four and I directed it. I had some good ideas.
3. What would you choose as your last meal on earth?
Roast chicken, scalloped potatoes and green beans with cheesecake for desert and an arugula salad to start. And a macchiato to finish.
4. First job?
Working for Mr. Sub sandwich shop
5. Any pets?
Cats cats cats (just one actually)
6. Pet peeve?
My cat waking me up at 5 in the morning
7. What’s your favourite thing to shop for?Anything from an artisan or farmer’s market (I love talking to the artisans and farmer’s about their passion!)
8. Three things you’d want on a deserted island?
A one-terabyte iPod filled with music (and a magical never ending battery), a parrot, and a lifetime subscription to the New Yorker
9. Breakfast sausages or bacon?
10. Favourite country you’ve visited?
11. Guilty pleasure?
12. Can you juggle?
3 balls, one pattern
13. What would be your super hero power?
14. Can you impersonate anyone famous?
Bill Cunningham (On the Street)
15. Who is your hero?
Brecht says we don’t need heroes.
16. What’s on your fridge door at home?
Small super powerful magnets holding up the usual stuff. I like the magnets.
17. What book are you reading at the moment?
The Humans by Stephen Karam and the newest New Yorker.
18. Best place to eat brunch in Vancouver?
A restaurant with out a line up.
19. Favourite thing about going to see a play?
Leaving the theatre and feeling intellectually and emotionally alive.
20. One thing that you would change about Vancouver if you could?
The affordability issue.