Pi Theatre is looking to hire a Social Media Coordinator to run Pi’s various social media platforms, delivering organic social marketing within the parameters of Pi’s brand. The ideal candidate has experience running and managing social media channels, delivering social media campaigns across multiple platforms, and has a deep understanding of current trends, as well asa knack for building community via social media.
If you are a storyteller, detail-oriented, organized, collaborative, are current with social media platform features and their related requirements, then please apply!
We strongly encourage applications from folks of all backgrounds and identities (ethnicities, racial backgrounds, abilities, as well as gender identities and expressions). If you’re interested in working with us, we want to hear from you!
January 3, 2023 – June 30, 2023
*Post June 30, there may be the option to extend this contract in to our 2023/24 depending on funding.
*Approximately 12 hours of paid research time will be provided in December 2022 for the successful candidate to review our current social media position, study our branding package, and anything else they’d like to prepare for the role.
Number of hours per week: 10 – 15 hours/week
Please note- even if you don’t meet every single one of these qualifications, we still want to her from you!
● At least 2 years of social media experience, including scheduling, calendar management, and copywriting
● Hands-on experience building communities on social media
● Excellent copywriting and proofreading skills
● Knowledge of accessibility practices for social media
● Understanding of various aspects of social media: channels, platforms, content, analytics, tools, etc
● Ability to asses and respond to analytic information
● Ability to create narratives through written and visual content
● Experience working in theatre an asset
● Knowledge of Salesforce an asset
● Planning, creating, and executing robust social media campaigns in conjunction with Pi Theatre’s various activities
● Coming up with fun and engaging ways to stay connected to our followers on social media in-between productions
● Managing the day-to-day flow of Pi’s social media presence(responding to messages, comments, etc)
● Tracking engagement through analytics and adapting as necessary
● Collaborating with designers as necessary
● To be present at Opening nights and other events (AGM,Community engagement events, etc) to document them on social media
● To represent Pi Theatre as per Pi’s established brand and manage Pi’s online reputation
● Identify and pursue opportunities for growth with emerging platforms
● Other duties may arise
● Pi’s offices are fully accessible with a wheelchair or other mobility device.
● Work for this position can be done at either Pi’s Office or from a home office. We request that at least a couple hours a week be spent at Pi’s Office, as that is important collaborative time for our team.
● Hours can be done at the employee’s discretion, based on the needs of the company at any given time.
● If you feel comfortable, please let us know of any accessibility requests that you have for this role, so that we can start the conversation.
Remuneration to be discussed, between $21 - $25 per hour commensurate with experience.
If available and interested, or if you have any questions, please reach out to Libby Willoughby via email- firstname.lastname@example.org by November 16, 2022.
Pi Theatre would like to acknowledge that our work takes place on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm(Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.We are honoured to be able to live, work, and play on their beautiful land.