We're so fortunate to have At the Speed of Light directed by our very own Artistic Director, Richard Wolfe!
Richard is a multi-award-winning director, producer, dramaturg, educator and specialist in contemporary theatre and performance. A few Canadian premieres he’s directed include: Dance Like No One’’s Watching by Munish Sharma, Hir by Taylor Mac, Empire of the Son and One Hour Photo by Tetsuro Shigematsu, The Events by David Greig, Long Division by Peter Dickinson, and The Invisible Hand by Ayad Akhtar.
- Directed 65 productions including nine Canadian premieres and eight world premiere productions, six of which have been published by Talonbooks and Scirocco Drama.
- Five-time Jessie Richardson Award nominee for Outstanding Direction.
- Jessie Richardson Award nominee for Significant Artistic Achievement.
- Two-time Jessie Richardson Award recipient for Outstanding Director.
- Recipient of the Larry Lillo and John Moffat Award for a mid-career West Coast theatre artist.
- Recipient of the Ray Michel Award for outstanding body of work by an emerging director.
- Past President of the Literary Managers and Dramaturgs of the Americas Canada.
- Key-note address, LMDA International Conference Columbia University.
- 4-year PACT caucus chair for the Independent Alternative theatre caucus.
- Current Artistic and Producing Director of Pi Theatre
- Associate Producer of the PuSh International Performing Arts Festival.
- Co-founder and Artistic Producer Theatre Conspiracy.
- Founding member Shakespeare on the Saskatchewan.
- First president See Seven society
- Two terms at the Lincoln Center Directors’ Lab in New York.
- Participant in the Shaw Festival Directors Program.
- Taught or directed at UBC, UFV, St. Mary’s University, Kwantlen Polytech, Studio 58.
- MFA in Directing from UBC (Recipient Stewart J Keate scholarship for outstanding work).
In all, shows he’s directed have received over 68 Jessie nominations for excellence in Vancouver's professional theatre.